Transitioning to Self Sufficiency
Providing services to enhance the equality of life and to promote the health of men infected with HIV/AIDS, by providing a comprehensive range or concrete and support services. The program ensures better-coordinated care and services, an opportunity of one-stop-shopping, cultural competency in service delivery and enhances privacy and confidentiality of the client.
Applicants must meet the follow criteria for transitional housing services:
- Positive diagnosis of HIV/AIDS infection.
- Documented homelessness, lack of permanent.
- Housing or risk of homelessness due to lack of.
- Economic resources and/or support network.
- Medial certification of:
- HIV status
- Non-contagious diseases (TB, Hepatitis, etc.)
- Ambulatory status (client must be medically ambulatory).
- Proof of residency in Union County or Newark EMA at the time of admission.
- Individual must be clean of drugs and alcohol for a minimum of three months at the time of admission.
- Case Management
- Substance Abuse Treatment
- Supportive Groups
- Individual Counseling
- Concrete Services
For more information contact: