Committed to Providing Families Free, Quality Education for Preschoolers
We service families that reside in Elizabeth...
For more infomation about the Elizabeth Public Schools re-Opening plan, please visit EPSNJ
In our preschools, days are filled with curiosity and creativity as children are read to, play make-believe, work on arts and crafts projects, learn the alphabet and other basic concepts, enjoy the on-site playground, and participate in countless games with children their own age. The preschools implement the High Scope Setting and the Scholastic Early Childhood Program learning models. These learning models methods allow children to choose which activities they participate in throughout the day. By planning their own day, children are encouraged to ask and answer questions about topics they are interested in, manage obstacles that they encounter, and include classmates and teachers in their activities.
What you need to know about PROCEED's Preschool Program:
- Two preschool locations: 1122 East Grand Street and 1126 Dickinson Street.
- All of our teacher assistants have a Child Development Associate (CDA) certificate.
- Each of our classrooms maintains a 15:2 student-to-staff ratio.
- Family workers are available at each location for assistance in the classroom with the students and outside the classroom for families.
- Our school year lasts a total of 10 months from September to June.
- Our average school day starts at 8:00 AM and ends at 3:00 PM.
- A healthy breakfast, lunch, and snack are always provided.
- Proof of Elizabeth residency is a requirement.
- Your child must be 3 years old by October 1st.
- Your child must be registered with the Early Childhood Department at the Elizabeth Board of Education.
Once your child has been assigned to attend PROCEED's Preschool Program, please call us at (908) 351-7727 ext. 289 to pick up a packet.